Bergen County NJ 2022 Arts Amble will feature free shows and exhibits
Do you have art?
There will be plenty to watch, hear and buy at Creative Bergen’s second annual Arts Amble Friday-Sunday June 10-12.
Twenty municipalities in Bergen County are to participate in the nonprofit’s three-day celebration of visual and performing arts.
“We haven’t quite doubled the 150 artists we had last year, but we’re close,” said President Pat Weiman. “Bergen County is so rich in talent, but being so close to New York it sometimes gets overlooked.”
The art crawl will provide a variety of art to view and buy, as well as musical and theatrical performances and even martial arts demonstrations.
“It’s not so much about selling as it is about sharing the art,” said Karen Waller, whose landscape paintings will be on display in the Ramsey and Wyckoff Libraries. “We are pleased that these events are helping Bergen County establish itself as a center for the arts.”
Exhibits will be housed in a combination of booths, public buildings and artist studios such as Pottery on the Palisades in Ridgefield Park.
“This kind of event lets people know where we are, what we’re doing,” said Jennifer Shaia, one of four artists sharing studio Pottery on the Palisades, which is on Main Street. “I think it’s going to be more open this year. People are more willing to come out and look around.”
The Arts Amble started last year and was inspired by the western Minnesota Meander Art Crawl and studio tours featuring 40 regional artists.
Again this year, most of Bergen’s individual arts events are free, so organizers are hoping for strong turnout from those looking to stroll, sit, listen and enjoy. Details are listed on artsamble.org.
Amble Arts Events 2022
Allendale: “Mamma Mia,” Saddle River Youth Theater, 5-8 p.m. Friday, 7-9 p.m. Saturday, Archer Hall, Archer United Methodist Church, 37 E. Allendale Ave.
Cliff Park: Cliffside Park Arts Festival, Memorial Park, 505 Palisade Ave., 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, rainy day Sunday. Multidisciplinary artistic event.
Closer : Ramapo Mountain Artist Blacksmiths, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, The Forge at The Homestead, 110 Schraalenburgh Road.
Fair Lawn: Cadmus House Museum, noon-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, 14 Pollitt Drive.
- Glen Rock Public Library10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, 1 p.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, Jewelry Show, 315 Rock Road.
- Patrick Smith5-8pm Friday, 10am-5pm Saturday and Sunday, Watercolours, 7 Eton Place.
- The smoke artist5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Cre8sart school, 236, chemin Rock.
- soosoostudios5-8pm Friday, 10am-5pm Saturday and Sunday, mixed media artist working with alcohol inks, pottery, resin/wood art and wall art, 39 Bradford St.
- Lisa Hahn5-8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, stained glass and mosaics, 444 Ackerman Ave.
- Everwood Turnings Garage Workshop5-8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Unique Wooden Bowls, 280 Harristown Road.
- Johnson Public Library, Friday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., reception of artists and events for all ages. 274 Main Street.
- Hackensack Community Garden11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, visual artists and creators, Johnson Park, 444 River St.
- Village Colombia Restaurantall June, 5-8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Monica Chavarria, Traditional Colombian Paintings, 12 W. Mercer St.
- Dream Makers Art Studio5-8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, with artists and musicians, 101 West St., Suite 2.
- Demarest Farms, 4-5 p.m. Sunday, “Jewish Tales & Tails: An Afternoon of Acrobatics and Animals,” presented by JCC of Northern New Jersey. Tickets required, 244 Werimus Road.
mahwa: Second Mahwah Pride Celebration, Sunday 4-6 p.m., Drag Queen Storytime at 3:30 p.m. Celebration, Art Show and Live Entertainment, Commodore Perry Field, 70 E. Ramapo Ave.
- bellibone, 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday; also open weekdays, featuring local artists periodically throughout the year, 75C W. Pleasant Ave.
- suburban revivalFriday 5-8 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m., repurposed vintage clothing and accessories, handmade jewelry and shoes, 110 W. Pleasant Ave.
- North Jersey Art Center Affiliates5-8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, exhibition of artists from four affiliated groups, 250 Center St.
- New Milford Public Library Sculpture Garden5-8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, 200 Dahlia Ave.
- Arts in Oakland Second Annual Art ShowFriday 5-8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m.-5 p.m., live art and music performances, Oakland Library, 2 Municipal Plaza and adjacent Veterans Park, Ramapo Valley Road.
- Copper Tree Mall, Real Brave Music School, Friday 5-8pm, Saturday and Sunday 10am-5pm, music lessons and show; Team K Taekwondo Demonstration, Friday 5-8 p.m., 350 Ramapo Valley Road.
Oradell: Arts Amble Oradell, Hague Park, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday, a family afternoon of creative and cultural activities, 542 Oradell Ave.
Ramsey: Free public library, exhibit by landscape artist Karen Waller, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, 12 p.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, 30 Wyckoff Ave.
- Summer Art Festival: From 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturdays, the Ridgefield Park Arts Association hosts free outdoor music and dance performances, art for sale, restaurants, Main and Grove streets. Rain date 4pm-9pm Sunday
- Gallery Art Mora5-8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, Gallery of Contemporary Art, 173 Main St.,
- Studio Leshay Rafael5-8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, 70 Hazelton St. at Cutter Street.
- Pottery on the Palisades5 to 8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, hand-turned and hand-turned ceramic pottery, 425 Main St.
- Anahid Syourapian Piano School, 10am-5pm Sunday, piano and voice student recital, 149 Bergen Turnpike. In case of rain, the event will take place at 159 Park St.
- Ridgewood Unitary SocietySaturday 12-5 p.m., Sunday 2-5 p.m., Art Show both days, Musicians Saturday, English Country Dancers Sunday, 113 Cottage Place.
- Scott Scarpelli, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, artistic creations on vinyl records, 43-45 Hudson St.
La Rochelle Park: Public Library, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, “The Art of Survival,” exhibit of artwork by survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in Bergen County, 151 W. Passaic St.
Rutherford: Williams Center, live entertainment and local art, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, dance and disco International Feels DJ, 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, 1 Williams Plaza.
Westwood: Veterans Memorial Park: Celebrate the Westwood Art Exhibit 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, 49 Park Ave.
Wyckoff: Public Library, Exhibition by Landscape Artist Karen Waller, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 1 p.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, 200 Woodland Ave.
Marsha Stoltz is a local reporter for NorthJersey.com. For unlimited access to the most important news from your local community, please subscribe or activate your digital account today.
Email: [email protected]